PLUS GAS Releasing fluid

Page 2 of 2

Not sure if you are talking about flushing or the original nut problem. However, (from memory alone) Consumers' Assoc. did a test several years ago on rusted up nuts in which cola drink did pretty well - better than the worst proper products but not as good as the best. For that sort of job, and assuming a one off or emergency situation, a can of cheap cola is pretty much unbeatable on price.
Rod

Yeah 5l of phosphoric acid costs about 20 IIRC
--
geoff

Andrew wrote:

My medium sized local Halfords deffo stocks it, although I only saw it because I was looking for it. They don't exactly make it stand out - I think it was stuck up on a high shelf out of the way.
--
Scott