Plumbworld's DuraTherm radiators

Has anyone experience of Plumbworld's 'DuraTherm' radiators? The Plumbworld website has loads but I've never heard of them and DuraTherm don't show up on Google (and neither do 'Glo-Warm, which Plumbworld say is the previous name for DuraTherm).

The '10 years manufacturer's guarantee' (e.g.

makes me think these might be better quality than Screwfix's (which I'm also considering) but it could just be marketing hype.

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Not the radiators but have you checked what Plumbworld would charge you for a pallet delivery?

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

I have now (£34.97) - thanks for that. Steve.

Reply to
Steve

unless you local why not just go for scrwfix ones at least they have more than one depot

Reply to
IndividualnetNOSPAM

My query (see full original post) was basically are the Plumbworld radiators significantly better than Screwfix ones. The Plumbworld ones carry a 10 year guarantee but the Screwfix ones don't.

If the Plumbworld ones are signficantly higher quality for roughly the same total cost, it would be silly not to go for the Plumbworld ones. But so far, no one is saying this is the case.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I only have experience in fitting the Screwfix ones (just fitted 6th in this house). Their quality is fine and they look very similar to the Plumbworld ones. I did purchase one single and the end decor panel and top grille fixings on singles aren't as robust as the doubles and can end up looking a bit p*ssed if you take them off and refit for any reason. I would guess they are much the same overall as the Plumb World ones.

Reply to
Bob Mannix
19:26:20 +0100, "Steve"

IMHO - the longer the "guarantee" the more "unachievable in normal life" are the conditions/requirements to actually claim... Have you checked the small print? - Alleged marketing "professionals" love these sorts of unenforceable "guarantees"

hope it helps Jim

Reply to
jim

Or, more charitably, sellers realise that ALL radiators last 10 years in normal use and houses change hands on average once in ten years so the guarantees can be freely given (and honoured) without any significant cost.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

I fitted Thermapanels to the sucking of teeth from certain pros who said they didn't last well. Some 30 years ago. Not had one problem with them which I'd put down to using inhibitor and changing it about every 5 years. Just about everyone else I know have had radiators holed through corrosion and replaced.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)