Plumbing - thermostat

I need to remove a failed thermostat from a water cylinder. Unfortunately, the thermostat is difficult to move having been installed too tightly or has subsequently corroded. Due to the thin walls of the cylinder I am loath to use too much force. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
tom

It sounds like you are trying to remove the whole immersion heater rather than just the thermostat.

The thermostat is inside the end cap of the immersion heater. This can be removed by undoing the screw that holds the cap in place, disconnecting the wires and then drawing out the thermostat.

Obviously you need to switch off the electricity first.

John

Reply to
John White