I had an extension built about two years ago. The plumber put the
heating flow pipe to the left hand side of both radiators. There are
normal myson rad valves on each side. If I have both valves open why
does the rad not heat up fully. I have tried two different radiators
albeit old radiaotrs?
Assuming the rest of the system works, i.e. all other radiators heat up,
here is a non exhaustive list of suggestions:
1. System badly unbalanced.
2. Knackered radiator valve doesn't really open.
3. Pipework clogged.
4. Pipework capped off and not connected to the system.
5. Pipework spur has been closed off by isolating valves elsewhere.
6. Radiator is on separate zone that isn't powered.
7. Radiator seriously bunged up.
8. Radiator not bled.
9. Radiator above or close to level of feed/expansion tank having been
installed by brain dead loft conversion "specialist".
Did this radiator ever work?
Thanks for that. I did a fault finding using your guide and still no
luck. It was bled as far as I thought. One of my nosey friends came
round and I was telling him about the rad. He opened the bled valve
fully (no water came out)? and stuck a pin in. Whisssh. Lots of air
came out. It must have been a piece of dirt stopping the air from
Anyhow thanks again.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.