plumbing question

Are crossovers such as these

good idea or is it just as easy to use a right-angle and bend the end of the pipe a bit?

TIA

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

Never found the need for them really - might be handy if you need to "jump" a pipe where it might be on show. Nothing you can't do with a pipe bender or a few 45 degree bends though.

Reply to
John Rumm

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:31:11 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Nick Brooks strung together this:

Depends how good you are at bending and how neat you want the crossing to look. I personally have never used them but there are loads of useful fittings for plumbing, electrical and other trades that are never stocked or used because of the low demand.

Reply to
Lurch

I've used a few half crossovers. They work out smaller than making it yourself (and if it matters, they don't have such a sharp bend as a regular elboe). Never needed a full crossover myself.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Nick Brooks wrote

Depends if you can see it or not.

For 22mm pipe these are probably a good idea to get a neat job, for

15mm pipe you could easily form a crossover with a spring pipe bender.

For places you can't see, why not use poly pipe on the cross over run ? if you're against push fit, you can use compression on them with an insert.

Just my thoughts as i've done none of the above, but this is how i'd approach it :-)

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to
Zymurgy