plumbing problem...

I have a 50mm plastic waste pipe running from the rear of our cellar to a 4" clay soil pipe at the front. the clay pipe used to connect to a toilet but that's been taken out to create more floor space. what I need is to connect the 50mm plastic pipe to the clay pipe, is that possible, if so how ? the clay pipe will have a cut end (can I cut it to length with a diamond blade disc cutter ?) so whatever the solution it will have to either slot in or over it.

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

You could use a flexible rubber coupling (which has two big double jubilee clips at each end). Hepworth sell a whole range of different/variable sizes.

A diamond blade disc cutter will work - just make sure the pipe's supported whilst you are cutting to prevent lenthwise cracks in the pipe.

Slot over.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

There are 50mm waste to drain connectors which will fit and seal inside a 4 inch clay drainage pipe.

The Hepworth product is the S462 Internal Drain Connector: -

is available at builders' or plumbers' merchants.

Other manufacturers offer similar products The Hepworth Plumbing Products Team

-- Tel: +44 (0)1709 856 300 |Hepworth Plumbing Products Fax: +44 (0)1709 856 301 |Edlington Lane, Edlington Email: snipped-for-privacy@hepworthplumbing.co.uk |Doncaster, UK

|DN12 1BY

Reply to
Hepworth Plumbing Team