plumbing new kitchen

I am moving my kitchen i am teeing the water supply from the bath supply, the bath hot pipe is 22mm is it acceptable to use 15mm pipe from the tee to the kitchen? the pipe run is approx 10 meters with 7 right angle bends from a tanked supply

thanks andyd

Reply to
andyd

Harry Ziman

It's not illegal! Accepability depends on what flow rate you require. You will get a better flow rate with 22mm pipe - but you will also waste a lot more water before it runs hot each time. I have a hot feed to my utility room via about 10 metres of plastic pipe (but very few fittings) and the flow rate at the tap is "reasonable".

Reply to
Set Square

It will probably be OK, provided the head is good enough. I'd think that a loft mounted tank on a 2 storey house with ground floor kitchen would be enough, but it might depend on what your expectations are.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle