Plumbing - flux left on

I was doing some plumbing last night, and didn't quite finish. I'm going to be doing the last couple of bits after work tonight. Last night there were a couple of solder-ring joints that I fluxed, assembled, but didn't heat. Will the flux have done anything to them, meaning I need to dismantle, clean, and reassemble, or can I just heat them up as-is?

Will look for your answers when I get home from work :-)

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

If the flux was even mildly aggressive you may find its gone green by now. If in doubt, just take apart, wipe with a damp cloth and reflux.

Reply to
John Rumm

Is the flux acid based? If it is I'd clean and start again just to check nothing nasty had happened in the joint. If the flux is not acid based it should be OK.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I don't know offhand whether it's acid or not - it's just bog-standard flux in a pot from Wickes. Sounds like I should probably dismantle just to be on the safe side though.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon