Plumbing Connections / Blanking

(re-post as no reply last time)

I want to remove a couple of radiators to decorate - I have done it many times and the (Twinfast) valve always leaks a little - but I put a tray under to collect the drips. However, this time we are getting a new, light carpet! I want to blank off the valve outlet where the radiator attaches to reduce the risks until I am ready to re-fit the rad.

Question - what do I need to blank off the valve? What do I ask for?

Reply to
John

A screw on blanking plug for a radiator valve. If you just explain what you need in plain language to any plumbing supplier they'll give you the right bit.

Reply to
Dave Baker

I took one off this morning - just needed a 3/4" cap, about £1.20 from the builders merchant up the road (needed a few turns of PTFE on the valve thread too to make it watertight under pressure).

On a related note, can you run a combi boiler for just DHW with the CH circuit depressurised/drained? I wasnt sure which is why I blanked the valve and refilled the system, obviously dont actually need CH at the moment but hot water is a must.

In message , a writes

No, they won't run if there is not enough pressure in the system.

Reply to
chris French

One reason why a couple of full-bore ball valves are useful in the flow and return, just under the boiler.

Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply

Reply to
Kalico