Plumbers weather?

-8.2 deg C here in Oswestry at 0700 this morning.

Just heard on radio, -17deg C in Llandrindod Wells last night, I bet the plumbers are out there.

Don

Reply to
Donwill

Nah, not on a Sunday and not till it warms up and the nice sound of running water is heard or the ceiling falls in:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Maybe a few calls, but most of them come in when it thaws out, IYSWIM.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes the sounds of dripping water in winter is like music to the plumbers ears, kerchunk- kerchunk-kerchunk better check your lagging, or the plumber will calleth.

Reply to
A Plumber

We do our own plumbing in this group! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

We forgot the frozen condensates. Guess who has just been up a ladder with a hair dryer?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I just got an emergency call from someone whose solid maple kitchen and dining room floor is flooded. However, this has nothing to do with the weather - it sounds like the washing machine waste hose came out of the stand-pipe. Nothing much I can do - too far away. Boards are about 1/2" above a solid floor painted over with damp proof seal, so it's not going to soak out the bottom. Only suggestion I could think of was to call around friends to find a wet'n'dry vac to suck the standing water out from under the edges of the floor, which you can get to behind some cupboards where it doesn't go all the way to the walls. Most unlikely to be rescuable - I think it will end up being an insurance job replacement, as it cost many thousands to install originally.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

My mum, who lives in Llandod (I grew up there), said it was a bit nippy.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Dribble - with two hairdryers?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ouch.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Open the doors and rent it out as an ice rink

Yeah, a Henry sounds the easiest solution

Worked when I forgot to turn off the water filling the aquarium !

Reply to
geoff

Might not be rescuable as a floor, but if you can get it up quickly enough the wood might be savageable for something?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Brings to mind the lines from "Three 'apence a Foot" (Marriott Edgar)

"Sam asked Noah what was 'is business, And t'ould chap went on to remark, That not liking the look of the weather, 'E were thinking of building an Ark.

'E'd gotten the wood for the bulwarks, And all t'other shipbuilding junk, And wanted some nice Bird's Eye Maple To panel the side of 'is bunk."

Reply to
geoff

I would have thought only if they have accidental damage cover, its not a burst pipe like most insurance covers.

Reply to
dennis

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

A burst pipe can be arranged.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I got one today. Saniflow waste was not pumping out at an Hairdressers. Lovely. I expected the 22mm waste pipe to be frozen, so immediately set to with a blowlamp, but it still would not work. OK, take off the pipe to pump union, and its usual 2litres of filthy water ran out, and the culprit was found - a hair ball was jamming the exit. I am so glad that it wasnt connected to a toilet, just two sinks for hair washing.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

While expecting a Sanifail to work is optimistic anyway, how the hell did they expect one to work in a hairdresser's with hair going down the plughole?

Reply to
Andy Dingley