Plumber

Is there anywhere online I can find a local (good) plumber, perhaps with some testimonials?

Reply to
Stephen (Sausagefans.com)

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 08:52:12 -0000, Stephen (Sausagefans.com) strung together this:

That would depend where you are.

Reply to
Lurch

South Naaarrfolk

Reply to
Stephen (Sausagefans.com)

The Little Green Book (I think that's what it's called) attempts to do that. It claims to only include people on recommendation from customers. However they still want soemthing like £100 from the tradesperson to include them, so they won't be getting my entry however happy my customers are with me. They also have an entry for one local outfit who I've heard bad things about through some of my customers / their ex-customers!

I don't think there's any sure fire way. Apart from asking friends and neighbours (and/or in uk.local.you-are-here) you may get recommendations from the staff at plumbing & heating merchants: particularly the sort run by one or two folks who run their own business and know their customers quite well.

Remember that even generally good tradespeople will sometimes have a bad day. That might be the day they're working for you, or it may be when they were working for someone who tells you to avoid them like the plague. If you have 2 or 3 people recommend someone you're more likely to get an accurate assessment.

If you have a big job wou want done (bathroom, central heating) don't be afraid to ask for references (after talking to the person yourself and getting a feel for them - and them for you).

I'd suggest you avoid the franchise operations (*rod *doctor etc).

Reply to
John Stumbles

Thanks John, appreciate the advice. No idea if my job is a big one. All I want doing at this point is the washing machine moving to an alcove just outside the kitchen and the waste and water being plumbed into the bath supply if that makes sense?

Thanks

Reply to
Stephen (Sausagefans.com)

You can get good female plumbers nowadays, so im told.

Reply to
Mark

Try here:

to have a section on "Finding a Plumber" but wither their any good or not, that depends.

Reply to
BigWallop

Controversial

Reply to