Plugging screw holes in brick wall

There used to be a product many years ago for plugging drilled holes so you could redrill next to the existing hole. I think it was asbestos based so haven't seen it for years. I have used mortar but it is a pain to wait days for it to go off. Is there anything around that I can plug a drilled hole with and redrill the same day.

Kevin

Reply to
Zen83237

I've used this sucessfully,

Andy Burns

I will try it. The good thing about the stuff I used to use was you could form it into a cylindrical shape then ram it it into the hole but not so good if it did contain asbestos I guess.

Kevin

Reply to
Zen83237

At least one type of resin is quick setting, car body filler uses it IIRC

Reply to
NT

Or you could try this:

watch the video:

buy it:

use any of the usual polyurethane adhesives which foam. Maybe add some filler?

Rod

Reply to
polygonum

Philplug.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

In message , Frank Erskine writes

? I thought it was made by Rawlplug. Fibrous grey stuff that you dampened then stuffed in the hole. I've probably still got some in the back of the shed.

Reply to
News

Rawlplug started doing it later.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

In message , polygonum writes

Oh, not come across that, looks handy.

I was going to suggest Epoxy Putty, which I've used to refill a hole which I then re-drilled to fix a boiler up

Reply to
chris French

just found this which looks like the same thing.

Kevin

Reply to
Zen83237

> I just found this which looks like the same thing.

That looks like the same thing as epoxy putty. Is that what you meant?

The fill & fix is polyurethane.

Reply to
polygonum

In message , Zen83237 writes

If you mean expoxy putty, yes, that's what that is, rather than the fill and fix

Reply to
chris French

Epoxy putty isn't as good for this as polyester putty (anyone seen P38 car filler lately?). You can use it, if that's what you have or can make, but polyester is usually the resin in the hole filling & resin wallplug sets. Evo-stik's polyester outdoor filler (Toolstation) isn't bad here either, and pretty quick to harden. Filled polyester putties (unlike epoxy) can have double doses of hardener added for a faster set.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I have tubes of 'hole filler' especially for that task ... that work in my standard hot melt glue gun.

Reply to
Rick Hughes