Plugging a gas supply

Just removed a gas cooker and fitted an electric one in its place (and a lot of decrudding as well!). The gas cooker was plugged into a bayonet socket and whoever had piped it had the socket upwards! Temporarily, to keep out muck, I've put tape over it but I'd like to plug it as an added precaution against the valve leaking. It appears to be about

3/4" dia. (not accurately measured) and I wondered if there's a standard plug made for this purpose.
Reply to
PeterC

Yes there is, you can get one from any plumbers merchant, or maybe even b&q

Reply to
Phil L

Thanks. I'll have a look for one.

Reply to
PeterC

Thanks. I'll have a look for one.

Ah, in B&Q today, chap working in the Plumbing aisle was emphatic that such a thing was unnecessary and had never existed - certainly nothing there. I shall have to try elsewhere.

Reply to
PeterC

I'm inclined to agree with him.

If you're worried about it, have it removed and the pipe capped.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If it (still) exists,

will probably have it. If not then the usual approach is to cap the fitting properly.

Reply to
js.b1

Well, looks as if there's no such thing. I don't want to cap the pipe because I'm sure she'll want to change back to gas within a year or three.

Reply to
PeterC

Thanks, but just get an error message for BES (Opera and FF).

Reply to
PeterC

Someone forgot to change the password their webserver uses to access its database!

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's working today! :-)

Reply to