Plug sticking out too much!

Hello.

I have recently had the electrics in my kitchen and am now fitting all cabinets and appliances. My problem is that there is an unstitched plug socket directly behind the fridge, unfortunately, the plug sticks out too much resulting in the fridge not being back enough. Fantastic.

So, what to do??

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

MrG.

Reply to
mrg

Hello.

I have recently had the electrics in my kitchen and am now fitting all cabinets and appliances. My problem is that there is an unswitched plug socket directly behind the fridge, unfortunately, the plug sticks out too much resulting in the fridge not being back enough. Fantastic.

So, what to do??

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

MrG.

Reply to
mrg

Could you replace it with a FCU with a cable outlet like this?

would mean the fridge is hard wired, but as it is not likely to be moved about, I cant see the problem in it!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

As Sparks says, and I'm sure the fridge has enough flex on it, to allow access to disconnect it when it does need to be.

Reply to
BigWallop

If it's surface mounted, would flush mounting it instead give you enough space?

As long as it's not a spur, you could wire a spur from it in the next cupboard space, and plug the appliance in to that instead.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I did simlar, but on the fused connection unit I added about 75cm of flex with a trailing socket on it ;)

Reply to
Tim Morley

Excellent, I shall do just that.

Many thanks to you all.

Reply to
mrg

" Unstitched" ...???? Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

try "unswitched"

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

I've never had this problem. Fridges need air circulation at the back (if they don't get it, their electricity consumption grows enormously). The amount of gap you need to leave for circulation is as much as a typical plug needs. You may well not have enough space for your fridge, but it's not just the plug causing it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

enormously).

The top surface of our fridge has an overlap with vents in it at the back designed to be pushed right up against the wall and give the correct spacing for ventilation. There are then many places where there would not be sufficient space for the socket and plug top.

It could well be that the plug position is the sole cause of the problem.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq