plug-in time switches

Brain fade. Yes they are LEDs

capabilities that is just what I want. Just got to find one at a non-Maplin price!

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

Many thanks. Looks like the same one as Maplin are selling and suitable for what I need

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

Thanks Peter. Really helpful advice

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

Hints and Tips:

To prevent frost in the sink cupboard, bash a big hole in the cupboard door with a hammer. Then even if someone shuts the door the interior of the cupboard won't freeze.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

When I bought mine John Lewis were the cheapest supplier (including carriage).

A friend used to service/repair cash tills on site (in shops). He was rather alarmed on visiting a take-away, to find the owner got fed up opening and closing the microwave door each time a pie was going in or coming out, so he'd cut a large hole in it so he could put the pie in and out without opening the door...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

With these, if the light is times to come on at, say 18:00, the you flick the switch soon thereafter, will that then turn the light off, or does it stay ion until the timer tells it to turn off (and if so, if the switch has been switched, will it then stay on?

Reply to
Toby

If it's been turned on automajically you can switch it off just like any other light. Once you've done that, you can switch it on again.

I see, so if you turned it off after it had turned it's self on, would still turn back on again at it's next scheduled on time?

Reply to
Toby

I left a house unattended for a long period (many months) . I turned off gas and water but left electricity on with a few heaters set to low. With an unattended house you do need to have someone who keeps an eye on it and makes sure, for example, that post does not collect where it can be seen.

I used five of these time switches to set up a life-like pattern on lights. They allow for some randomisation also. They don't get confused by power cuts as far as I know.

RobertL

If I've understood the question, you would have had to have pressed the light switch to 'on' again. If the light switch is 'off', the lamp stays off. If the light switch is 'on' the light comes on when it gets dark (after a time you have pre-set) and goes off at your pre-set 'off' time.

There's a switch under the cover to set it to act like a normal switch: 'manual', or to timer only and so ignore the onset of darkness. It's recommended to set the on time to 14:00 to allow for 'normal' times of darkness in the UK.

will give you all the answers you need.