Pleasant Shopping Experience

Rod coughed up some electrons that declared:

Same experience in Sittingbourne - I only spent 30 quid.

Reply to
Tim S

Axminster have shops!

Wanders off to the website, awww, only three shops and all in the deep south, even the 4th due to open mid Oct in Nuneaton is still in the deep south. B-(

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Best shopping experience I had was in a diy, gardening store 'Trago Mills'. I was in the housewares section, mentioned to a passing salesman that an 8mm plastic washer, which formed a seal between the glass lid and the lids' handle had cracked - did he carry a spare. "Sorry no" was the polite reply. Not a problem says I, I'm bound to have one in the shed. I'd bought the stock pot about 2 months earlier He then went to the desk, phoned the importer. He asked me if I'd prefer a toughened glass lid or s/s. Wow 3 days later, not only did I get a new lid, but also a new stock pot, all foc.!!

.
Reply to
Bertie Doe

according to my computer you sent this message tomorrow morning so maybe you get there before they open?

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

I have just got home after buying a few odds and ends at Axminster, High Wycombe. Spent just over ten quid. And I am struggling to remember the last time I was treated so well in any shop, anywhere. Friendly. Helpful. Efficient.

The shop is clean, smart, sensibly arranged, well stocked. Good parking.

All the staff were ready to help but knew how to keep in the background.

I just wish I had a few thousand to go on a proper spending spree there. :-)

(Absolutely no connection other than as a customer.)

Reply to
Rod

He's using that time machine I built for him next week.

Reply to
Phil L

Know what you mean. I was always envious of those who live in Devon and Kent - then, suddenly, found one opening just up the road. In fact, I drive almost past them every day on my way to and from work. (Conveniently they are just round the corner from Screwfix. Waiting for Toolstation to find a location... But I do worry about the long term viability of Isaac Lord.) Shame it is almost impossible for me to get there before they close.

Reply to
Rod

The headers show:

Your timezone is set to somewhere 7 hours behind the UK, i.e. on the west side of the USA, that's the default for Windoze "out of the box" unless you change it. My newreader software assumes that you posted it at 07:39 in America but displays the time which would be displayed on the clock here in the UK (14:39 GMT or 15:39 BST) at the time you posted it.

It makes sense for the news reader to convert to local time. If you really had posted it in the USA at 07:39 and I was reading it at 14:00 in the UK then it's more meaningful for me to know it was posted about 20 minutes before instead of telling me what time the clock on a wall at tho other side of the world said.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Thank you Vista. I *know* I chose UK, London, etc. as this machine set itself up. And my displayed time is fine - and most other things are fine. But indeed my regional setting was for Redmond.

Reply to
Rod

Vista didn't do that.

Reply to
dennis

According to my computer, your post is date/timed 05/09/09 15:32 - about

7 hours before mine!

(I am just about to post this one at 06/09/09 07:38.)

Reply to
Rod