Playpit sand

Just been asked to get some playpit sand for someone in London. Any recommendations on a suitable type and supplier? And as I said to the person asking me, I'll find out if it's available ready-mixed with the cat poo, or if you are expected to mix that in yourself.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It depends how much you want. It's expensive from a DIY shed because they only do small bags - about 4 quid per 25kg bag I believe.

In bulk (ie more than a ton) you might get this down to about 50 quid a ton. We did this last year by going direct to an aggregate supplier. I can't help you with a London one unfortunately - we're in Hampshire.

The important thing about playpit sand is that it's washed so it doesn't stain and that it isn't too sharp. This makes it rather useless for any other purposes apart from golf courses and long jump pits, as I understand it.

Reply to
Jim

St.Albans Sand & Gravel, if you're in North London.

Reply to
Huge

Just get half a trailer of silver sand from a sand and gravel supplier, several times cheaper than the bags!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

It seems to be available in lots of garden centres and DIY sheds I've been in

John

Reply to
JTM

Thanks. Just found out we're only after 75kg, so at just 3 bags, I'll probably get it from one of the sheds. Didn't know they did it, cheers.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reply to
Dave Osborne

B&Q sell it, got some from there for the granddaughters sand pit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Whassat? I looked it up but couldn't find one that made sense...

Reply to
Bob Mannix

In message , Bob Mannix writes

Another way of saying 'Me too'

Stems from days when AOL was more of a presence on the net.

Alledgedly, AOL members were more prone than others to pop up on forums just to say 'me too' or the equivalent.

Reply to
chris French

FWIW if one wants a lot a tonne bag of silver sand from (some) BMs is the way to go. Shop around for best price delivered.

Reply to
John Stumbles