Plating?

Indeed. However, if it falls apart, it won't be because you made it. :-)

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Is this of any use/interest?

polygonum

Andy Burns

You can buy gold plated nuts. Either intended for jewellery (eg

) or for electronics. I have a couple of the latter, but can?t remember where they came from.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

Ooo... [Light dawns] Yes, I can see how that could be a problem

Reply to
Martin Bonner

They appear to have the advantage of no internal thread either. That would seem to be the way to go.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

But you can guess who will get the job of fixing it ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

25 years ago, when gold plating PCBs using Sodium Cyanide solution was part of my day job, the antidote was Amyl Nitrate kept in a fridge, which supposedly had a shelf life but was usually nicked by those seeking a 'rush' long before the use by date.
Reply to
airsmoothed

Except the cost of 50p per plated nut results in a parts cost of £220 for an equivalent bracelet before assembly and the 22k colour looks tacky in comparison to the copper rich colour of the 'artist's' product.

In short, let well alone.

Reply to
fred

Most of the brass screws and nuts I've found are nickel plated anyway, so y ou probably wouldn't have to worry about that part - but I'd tend to agree that for a one-off it may be more trouble than it's worth. On the other han d if it's an excuse to buy a gold plating kit you're after...

Reply to
docholliday93

I didn't bother to look in that much detail.

I suspect the artist has not bothered with a nickel undercoat and has decided to make this a feature by calling it rose gold.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar