plastic trim around windows

hi,

SWMBO would like plastic trim across the bottom of the window. This is on the inside, over a painted, wooden window sill. Whoever fitted them used wooden quadrant held on with sealant but the sealant looks a bit tired and grubby.

I've bought some PVC trim from Wickes but I'm just wondering whether there is a right way to hold it down? Silicone, grab adhesive, hot glue gun, or doesn't it really matter?

Can I dot and dab or is a bead better? I'm wondering whether a bead would be better to prevent voids that could trap condensation?

I'm sure I'm thinking too much about this! What would the panel do?

TIA

Reply to
Fred

6 inch nails clouted in with a 2lb lump hammer, after drinking 10 cans of carling.
Reply to
Gazz

I would chuck it out and use wood.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

No Nails and then a small bead of good quality sealant.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

me too

NT

Reply to
NT

Why? Just for cosmetic reasons? It will be next to a uPVC window frame, so will "blend in", besides I've had my orders ;)

Reply to
Fred