Plastic shims

Hi

Been trying to find some plastic shims for leveling purposes, specifically a toilet. Floor is not quite even and need to put some shims under one side to level the toilet pan. Does anyone know where I can purchase such items?

TIA

Reply to
Slider

Most builders' merchants stock them.

The Wanderer

Thanks. I saw some others on some other DIY site which are strips of thin plastic, just not sure where I saw them now.

Reply to
Slider

The oft mentioned Isaac Lord trade counter.

Reply to
Rod

purchase? when old yoghurt cartons are simply made of nice sort of

20thou plastic?
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Do you mean these?

The Medway Handyman

>>> --

Not quite, but thanks anyway. I will try and find the site, it showed someone fitting a toilet and inserting plastic strips to level the pan.....exactly the same thing I need to do.

Reply to
Slider

You could just wedge it with anything you have lying around and carefully fill the gap with car body filler (in stages obviously). Did that recently in my son's house and it worked a treat. Cover the filler with silicone if you prefer. In this case the gap was about 3mm at the front, just enough to rock.

Reply to
stuart noble

Found it

is what I am after.

Reply to
Slider

You don't even have to do that. Prop the whole thing up 3mm or so and inject silicone under it. Leave 48 hours, remove props and make good gaps.

Given up on screws now.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Try eBay. Item No 160259405398 You can also get plain rectangular ones, item No 200235681966

John

Reply to
John

Oh dear. Look just a little further down the page!

I cannot take seriously any web site that recommends fitting a macerator to a WC then pumping the contents up to 100 metres horizontally and 6 metres vertically.

100 metres of 20mm bore pipe contains about 31 litres of potentially projectile poo. When the pipe bursts (and please note I wrote "when") there will need to be a clean-up of biblical proportions. ;-)
Reply to
Bruce

Who said anything about a macerator. All I am interested in is the plastic shims

Reply to
Slider

I thought that you were a CBF advocate.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh, lighten up!

Reply to