Plastic? sheeting to cover dodgy tiling behind shower

We have a fully tiled bathroom with an offset shower in one corner.

The tiles are a few years old but OK other than behind the shower.

Some tiles behind the shower are cracked, the grouting is in poor condition, some of the tiles are no longer firmly fixed and the grout lines widths vary to practically no width in places.

We have no spare tiles and cannot afford to re-tile the whole fairly large bathroom.

I recall a thread a while back discussing using some sort of sheeting. Possible the sort of thing found in caravans and cheap guest house en-suites.

Can anyone give me any guidance here please? I anticipate the sheds have something pretty poor available but would appreciate any pointers as to what to look for.

TIA Hugh

Reply to
Invisible Man

A shower curtain maybe?

Reply to
stuart noble

Ebay is excellent for tracking down small quantities of a particular tile.

Reply to
dom

If you like hunting for needles in haystacks

Reply to
stuart noble

look in your local directories for upvc supppliers, often window manufacturers, and they usually sell plastic gutters, soffits etc. What you want is 'airboard' - it comes in 300mm by 5m lengths and they are about £13 apiece, cut 'em to size and stick them on with lines of silicone. They look like white matt finish tongue and groove and they don't allow any water through

Reply to
Phil L

Do a google for 'soffit board' to see what's available but buy it locally via Yellow Pages. This is much cheaper than the imprinted surface types.

You can buy edge trims which are fixed first and the sofit boards are then slipped into place horizontally. For a shower it's best to use it back to front so that you have a flat surface rather than the decorative T&G surface.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero