Plastic roof repair?

I have a corrugated plastic roof on an out-house which has a couple of cracks and small holes which require repair. What is the best method, without replacing the whole sheet?

Regards

Reply to
newman

In article , newman writes

I would try cleaning it really well with meths and use a small bead of clear silicone sealant.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Meths *may* make the plastic go milky so try a small test area first.

Reply to
sPoNiX

The holes will need patched. Any suggestions?

Regards

Reply to
newman

How big?

Find some clear plastic and glue it on with the silicone. E.g. the tops of cream cheese containers or similar packaging.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

================ If appearance isn't important consider using 'Flashband' made by 'Evostik'. It's available at most places like B&Q etc. and I think Wickes do their own brand.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Really, once it starts cracking, you're fighting a losing battle

The best way I've found is to get another sheet and cut bits to fit where the cracks / holes are, clean the area with a wet cloth, let it dry properly, whack a load of silicone in between the two and press them together

Job done, for the time being

Reply to
geoff

Similar problem here, *ancient* p3erspex (or whatever) lean-to roof.

Invest in a roll of gaffer / duck tape and use that. I patched some holes and cracks 2 yrs back, still waterproof, and plenty of other uses for the stuff. Excellent product ;)

hth

Reply to
Jet

It would be better to use plastic thats UV stabililsed and thick enough to last.

Just waterproof cloth tape should work too, tho not look good.

If you drill little 3mm holes right at the end of the crack it stops the crack spreading. Unless of course you put any force on the sheet before the holes done, in which case you then have to drill another hole further along.... then another... :)

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Thanks, I will try to get some of this.

Regards

Reply to
newman

Hi,

Sellotape All Weather Tape might be worth a look too:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C