Plastic pipe

Are Hep20 pipe & fittings interchangeable with JG Speedfit?

Reply to
Maccy D

Yes. Use the correct insert for the pipe you're using though.

auctions

The makers say no. Best fit good quality brass compression fittings as pushfit can be big trouble.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not what the makers say.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, but use the correct inserts for the pipe.

Reply to
Grunff

Since when have *you* taken any notice of that? ISTR that the makers say

*don't* use a hacksaw to cut the pipe!
Reply to
Roger Mills

Generally speaking, yes, although I prefer no to mix brands unless I have to. If in doubt you can use compression (with inserts) for the transition from one brand to the other.

Reply to
John Rumm

You are an effing idiot...amateur. Again ....Not what the makers say.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

At your won risk. All makes say tolerances are different.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Plank, Generally speaking no. What Hepworth said on this very forum..."Hepworth do not recommend mixing Hep2O with other manufacturers pipe or fittings as we can only guarantee dimensional tolerances and quality control of our products."

Reply to
Doctor Drivel