Plastic football goals.

I'm looking to buy a plastic footie goal (with net) for my football crazy

10yo. (Ob DIY: I've done the 40mm solvent-weld version but the joints shatter when hit with a ball!). There seem to be a few manufacturers and models around but none of them is cheap. I'm probably after a 12' x 6' size. One detail choice I'll have to make is a one-piece cross-bar ore one in 3 4' sections. Presumably the one-piece is stronger but obviously less easily transported.

Has anyone any heads-ups for particular makes, models, features etc to go for or avoid?

Reply to
John Stumbles

compression? ;>)

Cheers

Reply to
Jim K

I found that the cost was all in the nets, not the frame. You could make a frame from steel tubing pretty easily (or treated wood), but for a net that size it'd still all end up being pretty expensive (I did look around for alternate netting, but just about everything I found didn't seem strong enough or had the wrong size holes; commercial fishing net was about the closest stuff, but that was also reasonably costly).

Another thing we've noticed is that it takes time to adapt to different goal sizes; if your boy is playing competitively then go with whatever size the club uses for his age.

cheers

Jules (with a football-crazy 12yo :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Someone mentioned Ramsay Ladders the other day, and I happened to notice that they make goal posts/nets too, but as you say not cheap.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Take a leaf out of the Spaniards' book. You don't need goals, just keep passing

Reply to
stuart noble

I run a football club for under 11s, and we use 2 types, A modular one in about 20 clip in pieces, The other one is a pump up one with built in net that we use for tournaments, Both have there merits but the pump up ones are easier to deal with for quickness..

Reply to
TGH

Just looked in the shed, the plastic one is made by a company called Samba had it for about 5 years it has taken some abuse but still sound..

The inflatables after finding the receipt are £200 each, don't remember spending that much, must hide that from the Mrs...

Reply to
TGH

In message , John Stumbles writes

Sweaters for goalposts, john

Reply to
geoff

(with net) for my football crazy

watch out for dogshit, geoff

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Helps get a good slide going

Reply to
geoff

they don't know they're born

Reply to
Jim K

Thanks. A 12 x 6 Samba seems to be about £90, which is not too bad as these things go. Have you ever had to source spare bits for it? Even if they don't break I'm worried about losing the odd one.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Not Had to source bits so not sure, they are practically bomb proof though.

Spares can be had through here though..and this is where we got ours, you want the bag though, and I see they are on offer now,

TGH