Plastic drum tub washing machine bearings?

Hi All,

Anyone changed the bearings on a spiderless plastic tubbed washing machine please (the outer tub being plastic and the bearings moulded into that).

It's on a Zanussi ZWF1431W washing machine I've just been given (Freecycle) that actually works but is very noisy down to the bearing(s) going.

I can see the outer bearing behind the drive pulley but as it's not in a removable spider I am not sure how you would get the bearing out, even once the drive pulley is removed.

"To make it even worse some manufacturers, notably Indesit (Hotpoint, Ariston and Indesit) and Electrolux (Electrolux, Zanussi, AEG and Tricity Bendix) have introduced sealed tanks where bearings cannot be replaced, you have to replace the entire inner working of the machine. The reason, they say, is to cut down production costs. "

So is that what I have here, a just_over_a_year_old washing machine that can't be repaired, or if it can by replacing the "entire inner workings", at how much cost and to only last for another year?

So much for ecology?

The strange thing is here ..

they offer a bearing and seal kit for that model?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m