Plastering quote - is this expensive

I have received a quote of £250 + Materials + Labour (plus an extra day if it goes to two days) to have two slightly rippled ceilings smoothed off.

The rooms measure 3.2 x 4 metres and 1 x 3.2 metres.

Does anyone know if this is reasonable.

Thanks

Reply to
rition

What else is there othere than materials and labour?

That figure seems about right for a day's plastering.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Sound cheap to me

Reply to
John Smith

depends where you live, but what is the £250 for ? what else is there apart from labour and materials

around here (rhondda valleys) it would be no more than £200 all in and 1 days work max

Les

Reply to
in2minds

Strip remains of kitchen tiles (I've taken off all bar the remnants) and any lose substrate, render archway flat and plaster all the walls in a

3.5 x 4.5m kitchen £500 plus materials. For that I get a plasterer (my brother in law) and his labourer for 2 days. I'm expecting up to £100 on materials.

Neil isn't doing me a deal - my wife charges him full wack for legal work.

I'm in Sevenoaks, where are you (or the plastering job)?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

Oops I should have said plus materials and vat

Reply to
rition

My recent plastering job (Crewe area) cost me £150 per day plus materials inc VAT

Reply to
Paper2002AD

In Liverpool. Just paid £100 all in, to skim a plasterboarded celing in a room 4m x 3.1m. The plasterer had an assistant (mixing it up). Took them just over 2 hours.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

we were quoted £180 to repair a water damaged area and then replaster the ceiling in 3.7x4m room.

regards Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

Thanks for all your help, I have received another quote of £105 all in

Reply to
rition