Plastering problem update

Five days later and the plaster still hasn'd dried! I'm suspecting the problem stems from using old plaster which I've had in storage for a few months?

adhesion.
IanW wrote:

Is that a question, or a statement??

You should not need to "key" the browning, which should be smooth when finished, but not polished. Are you allowing the PVA to dry before you apply your finish coat? That may be a problem, if combined with over-working the finish. You only need to get the finish smooth, not looking as if it's been glazed!
If the plaster doesn't go off too quickly, taking over 1/2 an hour, say, it should be fine. If it's still soft after 5 days something is wrong with it!
J.B.
On 05/02/2004 IanW opined:-

My limited experience of plaster suggests that old plaster will set too quickly. You add the water in and the stuff starts to set before you even finish mixing it.
--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)

You're quite correct, but fuck off anyway.

What is this all about??
Rob.

It's about immaturity, imagine it is an attention seeking child* and just ignore it . . . .
*Oh, sorry it is, no imagining redq
--
fred

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:58:57 -0000, Rob Nicholson wrote:

Harry was naughty.
--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at /
Phil Kyle wrote:

So? Why the fuck should readers of uk.d-i-y give a toss about it?