Plastering advice please.

Does anyone know why 8x4 wood sheets stayed as 2440x1220 on metrification, but plasterboard changed to 2440x1200? I'm sure there are exceptions ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Gah! 2400x1200

Reply to
Andy Burns

It will tend to reflect sound too from its foil faces.

It's super stuff when you need a good thermal barrier, but as this is an internal wall ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

And a lintel?

Reply to
ARW

The first drill hole must have missed the rebar and my new SDS drill is so good I did not notice the difference between block and the concrete of the lintel - the second hole hit the rebar and I certainly noticed that!

Reply to
rbel

Probably because plasterboard that did not reach your studs on 16" centres would be really annoying ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Many thanks to everyone for the comment and advice - much appreciated.

Reply to
rbel

On 05/07/14 22:05, rbel wrote: xxxxx

Celotex is for heat insulation, for sound insulation they use a thicker heavier rockwool.

[g]
Reply to
george - dicegeorge

no - celotex is too lightweight for sound insulation [g]

Reply to
george - dicegeorge

They do a version with 20mm of dense cork bonded onto one side and a bituminous foil on the other that's supposed to be better...

Reply to
John Rumm