Plasterboards and ceilings

The UK DIY FAQ gives the following advice for plastering a ceiling I quote

"Ordinary plasterboard should be mounted with the "bad" side (where the joins between front and back paper are) downwards if it is intended to skim the whole surface, because plaster sticks to this side better."

However on the plasteboards I have just purchased (Knauf) it is written on the bad side I quote:

"Plaster/Decorate other side only"

What gives ?

Many thanks

Mike Saunders

Reply to
Mike Saunders

It may be that the advice is out of date. It used to be that you plastered the grey side, or used the ivory side if you weren't plastering. IIRC, most board now says to plaster the ivory side.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Do as Knauf say for their plasterboard. The other side doesn't take plaster at all well.

Reply to
G&M