plasterboard stop beads?

Hopefully daftish question- is there a stop bead for 12.5mm Pb ?

Or what do others use?

I need to "stop" some Pb where it meets some ply access panels in a stud wall.

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I try to avoid using lead in any size.

Reply to
polygonum

If it's butting up against plywood, why does it need to different to stop bead for other thickness of plasterboard (ie isn't stop bead just generic)?

Reply to
Lobster

Yes, standard item at any decent builders merchants

Tony Bryer

half inch of LEAD...what on earth is that for?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It looks like someone else needs to go to specsavers

I can't see or find the word LEAD in the op.

Reply to
Bob H

Neither I nor TNP were referring to the WORD "lead" but to the symbolic reference.

Reply to
polygonum

You do.... it says 'Pb'.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Eh?? It says this: 'bead for 12.5mm Pb' To me Pb means Plasterboard, so how or where does it mean LEAD??

If it does, then please correct me.

Reply to
Bob H

Pb means lead in the same way that Au stands for gold, Ag silver, Si silicone and Ti titanium: those are the chemical symbols for those respective elements.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Latin, innit. Plumbum. Hence plumber.

Reply to
Huge

Are they all bums? :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Speedo might disagree.

Reply to
ARW

Sulphur Fluorine Wolfram :-)

Reply to
polygonum

PlumBum. =3D Latin for lead Pb is the chemical symbol. He was being witty. Went right over your head.

Plumbum Aurium Stannum Ferrum Argentum Cuprum

Reply to
harry

Use a bit of quarter round beading. Or even square or hockey stick section.

Reply to
harry

An acronym should be all capitals ie PB not Pb.

Pb is the chemical symbol for the element lead.

Some one wasn't paying attention in English or Chemistry lessons...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Are thes access panels going to be flush and "hidden" or have an architrave around them?

With an architrave the framing for the hole in which the ply panels fit would stop the PB. Think door frames, architraves and stop beads etc.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Aaah right, chemical symbols, Well I do stand corrected then if that is what is meant by Pb.

Too many acronyms going around and well.....

Reply to
Bob H

Reply to
Bob H