Plasterboard patching

Hi

I need to patch a shaver point cut out in a plasterboard wall (never use one so decided to get rid)

I've got a piece of board and cut it just bigger than the hole. I gather I should fix this to the plasterboard wall behind the hole

My question is - should I use plaster to fill it or will polyfilla do as good a job

I'm worried that the finish will look different and show through once painted

Any tips for this sort of thing appreciated

Hays

Reply to
hays