plaster on walls

now I've got my dampness problem(*) on the run, it's time to think about plastering

is there some 'minimum width' for plaster to adhere to walls?

I've hacked the bottom 4 feet of plaster off the gable end walls

but the plaster around the rest of the room is fine except for the bottom 6 inches

so, given that I will *insist* on a gap between plaster and floor this time, is a 4 or 5 inch band of plaster sufficient for it to adhere to the walls???

(*) the dampness was a vicious cycle of soil heaped against the exterior gable end wall, and inside the walls were plastered right down to the floor and condensation onto the floor because of no ventilation

--

Gill Smith

Yup plenty...

Reply to
John Rumm

Agreed. *I* could get a two inch wide band of 1" thick plaster to stick . I'm sure a pro could do much better.

... on the other hand, have you considered a 7inch high skirting board?

Reply to
Martin Bonner