Plaster - Multi finish vs boardd finish

Ignoring much of the "leave it to the experts" advice here and elsewhere, I had a go at skimming some plasterboard. I've got three rooms and a landing to do, all loft conversion type stuff with lots of nasty slopes, so I tried things out in a small cupboard first just to see what it was like.

The results were suprisingly very good! I learnt a bit from that experience, and have started tackling the first of the rooms. So far so good. I've got tapered edge pb (initial plan was to just fill the joints but there are so many I now think it's going to be quicker/better to skim the lot). So first I taped all the joints and filled flush with plaster before applying a single skim.

Whilst the results are getting better, I've got some much larger walls to do at some point and I've already found I'm rushing to get the stuff on the wall before it starts going off. (yes, it's new plaster btw).

A bit of googling suggests that multi finish goes off slower than board finish - can anyone confirm this? An extra few minutes would resuce my stress levels a bit!

Reply to
Bernie

You into it as well. get someone else to mix it for you while you slap it on the wall which gives you a bit more relaxed senario. or I have heard if you squirt a bit of washing up liquid in the water before putting plaster in the bucket.

Wellard