Plaster board

I need two panels and everywhere seems to sell it in 2400mm length. The length I need is 2540mm (100 inches) and that is what the original panels where and I was hoping to avoid cutting and fixing together.

Anyone able to nudge me in the direction of a supplier that does longer panels of it?

Reply to
Road_Hog

Probably any decent builders' merchant. But you don't say the width, thickness, edge (square or tapered), your approximate location, etc. so suggest you look at websites of the merchants in your area.

Reply to
polygonum

It's certainly manufactured in 2500, 2700 and 3000mm lengths, but you're not going to find it in the sheds, I suspect it'd more frequently be ordered by the pallet, rather than individual sheets

Andy Burns

I have occasionally seen it up to 2440, but 2400 is the standard length. It is standardly joined everywhere it's used, so this isn't going to be any significant demand for non-standard sizes. What's your application?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

6" skirtings?

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

It happened when things went metric. They stole a bit.

Reply to
harryagain

Couple of inches by any chance?

Reply to
ARW

They did, but not as much as the OP reports. The imperial board size was 8', which is 2438.4mm (or roughly 2440). That was converted to

2400 so that everything fitted the 300mm module.

I would have suspected that the OP had just mistyped 2540 - except that he specifically says "100 inches". That is 8' 4"

Reply to
Martin Bonner