Plasplugs tile cutters

Hello,

After reading here about Plasplugs tile cutters I thought they did two: a compact cutter with 8cm disc and a pro tiler version with 11cm disc.

I was looking in Focus and they sell the compact for 29.99 but it clearly states on the box that it uses a 11cm disc (even though they sell 8cm discs in the same aisle that state they are suitable for the compact model!) Both compact and pro versions say that they will cut through tiles up to 20mm thick which makes sense if they both use the

11cm disc.

Then I went to B&Q. They sell the Pro Tiler model but the photo on the box shows a metal surface on the tiler, not the plastic channels that Plasplugs models are famous for. I tried to get a price match but the model has a different bar code to the ones sold by Focus, even though both have the same model number.

Does this mean that the two models have been redesigned? Has the compact been upgraded to a 11cm disc? Has the Pro version lost its plastic water-catching channels for an aluminium top instead?

Curiously the "new" Pro version boasts cuts of tiles up to 25mm thick, so has the disc been made bigger still?

Thanks.

Reply to
nospam

Mine has an aluminium bed with a plastic channel round the outside of it. It was their top of the range model when I bought it some years ago. Cost about 60 quid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Interesting that they insist on matching barcodes to obtain the price match. B&Q have a habit of getting branded products made exclusivly for them. The particular model of Karcher pressure washers in B&Q are only available in B&Q. Not illegal but a little bit "Microsoft" IMHO.

Maybe only in B&Q...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

AFAIK that's a Karcher-ism rather than B&Q-ism. They do similar specced but differntly IDed models for just about every retail outlet.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Maybe but you won't find B&Q models on the Karcher website, you will find the ones sold in Focus though...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice