Plans / ideas for fitted wardrobe?

I need to build a fitted wardrobe into an alcove adjacent to a chimney breast. Basically the plan is to fill the space with shelves and cupboards; it's complicated a bit by the sloped ceiling which comes down to 1m off the floor.

Right now I'm trying to find some example plans and ideas on t'internet to help me get started but 30 mins of googling has produced nothing at all of value (lots about the Chronicles of Narnia and Janet Jackson's left breast, but that's about it).

Can anyone point me at some useful resources?

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

I done the same thing in an alcove in the bedroom,however my slope came down from the ceiling about 2.5' which I then boxed in to give a straight vertical section. I then used a 2x2" framework and put shelves in,the only hard job I had was finding slat bar style doors.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Only advice I can give is to square off the opening - don't try to make angled doors. You could do it in stages.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh absolutely! The 'triangular' bits will be open shelves, basically.

It also needs to project outward a few inches beyond the chimney breast, so one front corner will be 'floating' - never having done this before I'm trying to get my head round the best way of achieving it, without re-inventing the wheel.

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster