Planning Permission Plans

Hi

I'm going to replace my old wooden garage with a breeze block one.I need planning permission for this. How detailed do the drawing have to be?. There is nothing complex about my garage (18ft x 12ft x 8ft, flat roof, one window,up and over door) so I'm hoping to draw the plans up myself. What software is normally used to do this sort of thing ( I have access to software at work) Is there any websites with examples of the type of plans I need to submit or even better does anyone have plans for something similar I could alter to suit my needs

TIA

Kin

Reply to
KinRsole

Just a sketch on normal paper using a pen will be ample, they'll be more interested in distances from house, boundary and locality of any drains... draw three diagrams, the first should be a birds-eye view of proposed constuction, including distances as mentioned above. The other two are basic outlines of front and side, showing concrete base thickness, wall height and roof structure if possible

Reply to
Phil L

Most local authorities have planning applications on their websites, so check yours out for an approval for something on your lines and see what they submitted. Generally it comes down to accurate plans and elevations of what you want to do.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

A simple drawing with dimensions is needed, nothing more. Dimensions include distance from road and neighbouring properties.

You don't need fancy software, a pencilled drawing will do.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I thought the drawing had to be to scale and include details of materials used etc?

Reply to
KinRsole

Ask your local planners. They vary quite a bit in what they consider is suitable.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

I've seen a lot of plans submitted done with cheap home computer software; no problem. The commercial applications always get done by professional architects.

As somebody else says, building construction detail is irrelevant, that is a building control problem dealt with seperately. The planners only look at location, access, appearence, height, visibility, conformity to vernacular style etc.

john2

Reply to
john2

Try Google's Sketchup...its really quite good...and free.

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

cheers for that

I'll give it a try

Reply to
KinRsole

The message from "R.P.McMurphy" contains these words:

It's what I used to do the plans for my conservatory for PP.

Reply to
Guy King

where did you guys get a25000:1 map image from?

is Google maps good enough?

Reply to
KinRsole

The message from "KinRsole" contains these words:

Assuming you mean 1:25000! From my deeds.

Reply to
Guy King

i do not have my deed!

I did mean 1:25000 !!! :-)

Reply to
KinRsole

The message from "KinRsole" contains these words:

It's the 2":mile map scale, near enough. Just run along to Smiths and buy the local map and copy it.

Reply to
Guy King

Best is to get a map at that scale or near from local map vendors - IIRC OS do such, and then scan it and trace it into your drawing software.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My local council will only accept licensed OS prints, i.e. not a photocopied one, since that is a breach of copyright ! They have a deal with the OS, and flog you 6 copies for 16 quid. Not sure what I think about that, but its the only choice ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Why would you need PP for replacing a garage with a garage? Put on a pitched roof as they look so much better and less prone to leaking.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You can buy the maps from people other than your council. Swindon BC want =A335 for 5 copies of 1:1250 or 1:2500. I bought 11 copies from Trident Mapping (Dunstable, find them online) for significantly less and they only charged 25p for extra copies whereas the council wanted =A31.50 per extra. That was why I bought 11, 5 for the current application 5 for a future one and one to keep.

I think it's the councils money making plan, they required a listed building consent application to move the gas meter, and despite no walls, floors or anything else changing they still wanted 5x 1:1250 as block plans AND 5x 1:2500 as site plans.

Fash

Reply to
Fash