Planer thicknesser

Any recommendations for a planer thicknesser? I have been looking for a unit which is reasonably portable or luggable.

The Woodstar PT85 has a good spec for my needs and at about ?250 is affordable but from a video review it turns out that the fence and infeed table are not as solid as they could be - though it still got a positive review.

There seem to be a few of a similar spec. I wondered if you guys would recommend one for a broadly comparable price.

James

Reply to
James Harris

I've had one of these for years and it's served me well. The fence isn't perfect (!) but I learned to live with it.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Rutlands seem to have a version of it for £200:

(screwfix have similar)

If you have the space for it, then its nice to have separate planer and thicknessing machines since you save time swapping the configuration back and fourth. Ebay will quite often turn up nice cast iron table planer jointers for a fraction of the new price.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks. I have ordered one!

James