PIRs and table lamps

I have a yale wireless alarm system with PIRs. Now when I go holidays it was my intention to connect a timer to a couple of table lamps obviously to come on for a few hours when its dark, would this set off the alarm? Similar question I have an outside LED floodlamp and although it doesnt point directly towards the internal PIR in a particular room it would show increased light on that window. I have aneighbour who has access should the need arise but dont want to have issues if I can avoid them.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
ss

PIRs rely upon temperature rate of change and movement. A CFL bulb should only heat up or cool down slowly. I have never heard of a PIR sensor being sensitive to a stationary CFL light bulb.

Glass is opaque to long wave IR so no thermal energy from a flood light will pass through a closed window; again I see no problem.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Pirs usually monitor movement acros a matrix not changes in light surely, so I don't see a problem at all. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

PIR lenses turn movement across the scene into changes in IR/light level seen by the sensor.

IME PIRs sometimes do react to a light switching on in their field of vision, sometimes not.

I'd guess that shielding pir's direct view of the lamp would probably fix it. Guess.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Thanks all for replies, I guess I should set it up and test before I go on hols. The neighbours are early bedders and last thing I want is for them to get up in the middle of the night to reset it.

Reply to
ss

At least it never has in this house.

Reply to