PIR extractor fans

I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a separate PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete PIR security light with variable timer for that, come to think of it). Why then do extractor fans with built-in PIR sensors cost around £50?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

You can pick them up for £25, you get what u pay for, any decent extractor fan will cost minimum of £50 but they last, well built and not ur usual Chinese crap.

Reply to
Ray

Is phone text creeping into news groups now? Looks like the end of us oldies understanding posts. :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

We bought (on the recommendation of someone on this group) a low wattage rh sensitive extractor fan for our bathroom. We're VERY pleased with it. It cost a bit (under =A350) but it only comes on when necessary and the running cost is very low.

Mary

Reply to
oldhenwife

dw m8. fyi np. L8trs.