PIR-activated flood that bleeps?

I'd like a PIR-activated security floodlight that makes some kind of noise while lit. I don;t want anything as loud as a burglar alarm siren; just something I can hear if I'm in the house or in the house next door. I don;t want to wake the neighbourhood up every time a cat comes prowling in the night.

Has anyone seen such a device for sale anywhere? 12-volt, gel cell battery- operated, solar charged, would be ideal. Faling that, a mains powered device would be my second choice.

Altenatively does anyone know of a suitable a 240v bleeper of some kind, that I could wire in parallel to the bulb in a 240v PIR-operated security floodlight.

Thanks,

Al

Reply to
AL_n

A google for pir security light internal chime produces several likely possibilities including

does't have a light, but the chime end is portable.
Altenatively does anyone know of a suitable a 240v bleeper of some kind,

You could take the 240V to a bell transformer and then onto any ordinary doorbell. But that would give you continuous ringing while the light is on, instead of a bing-bong on-entry.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Owain wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@28g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

Thank you for that. Some useful items did indeed show up when I used your suggested search words.

A continuous (or repeating) sound while the light is on, is what I would like. It needs to be something that doesnt jar the nerves...

Al

Reply to
AL_n

Guardcam from TLC

"GuardCam has the option to deliver one of three messages upon activation. "Warning you are tresspasing", "Warning you are being captured on video" and finally a Barking dog (more effective than you may think). There's also the option to have no voice alert."

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We have the genuine article and he does indeed deter many a door to door caller. On our path there is an inspection chamber lid, it isn't quite level, and makes a noise when you walk on it. It is enough to alert the dog who gives a nice deep bark or two.

Reply to
Vernon