Pipes in plaster

Hi all, could someone be sold kind to advise me. I need to chase in som

pipes into some walls for central heating, as the downstairs hav concrete floor, so was thinking off chasing them into the walls, as done particualry want them exposed and having to use trucking. Ca someone advise me the depth i need to chop in the walls, if i am usin

15mm and 22mm piping. Many Thank

-- brumster

Reply to
brumster

Hi all, could someone be so kind to advise me. I need to chase in som

pipes into some walls for central heating, as the downstairs hav concrete floors, so was thinking off chasing them into the walls, as dont particulary want them exposed and having to use trucking. Ca someone advise me the depth i need to chop in the walls, if i am usin

15mm and 22mm piping. If i plaster them in using bonding how muc plaster do i need on top of the pipes, as i dont want the plaster t crack because of the pipes expanding and contracting.

Many Thank

-- brumster

Reply to
brumster

brumster,

For what it's worth, my advice is don't unless it is plastic pipe or plastic-sleeved copper - and I wouldn't do it even then as any joints are difficult to seal properly.

The cement render that you will use to fill in the chases will, over time, corrode the copper tube causing pinhole leaks in it - and also, if you get a problem with any of the pipework after the walls are made good - then you've got to chop the lot out again to repair it.

Leave the pipes exposed on the surface, use plastic trunking or even box 'em in with good old 2"x1" and some plywood.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G