Pipe threads in Portugal?

Hi there, does anyone know what plumbing threads are used in Portugal? I'd also like to know what thread is used on their green plastic distribution pipe (mains pressure) that goes to all the sinks/taps/outlets. Thanks, Mark

Reply to
markzoom

Anyone???

Reply to
markzoom

Threads, I believe the same as here. Imperial 1/2", 3/4", etc. Except they may refer to them in metric sizes. The French, the inventors of metric, kept imperial thread pipe sizes.

Green pipe? Probably 20mm, 25mm etc. Just guessing. The local plumber would tell you.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Thanks. The "green plastic pipe" is the same as the municipal supply pipe size but the whole house is done in it. Looks somewhere between

20-25mm. Since there are just the blanked off pipes but no other fittings and taps yet (I intend to take some over) I was wondering what the "standard" plastic pipe is there and what adapters I need.... I can't ask a local portuguese plumber coz I'm in GB.

Since you say that their fittings are the same as here, I'm happy that adaptors (plastic ??mm pipe to bsp) will likely be available. I have noticed though that many countries don't seem to use copper pipe at all, in fact someone thought I was crazy because copper oxide (?/sulphate) or some other copper compound is supposed to be very toxic (cuprinol?) so I'm beginning to wonder if copper pipes might go the same way as lead ones in the future.... Cheers, Mark

Reply to
markzoom