Pipe restrictions and flow rates

I'm fitting a new bath. It has a Geberit bath filler, which fills through the 'andle for the waste. As my system is mains hot and cold, I am fitting check valves in both hot and cold supplies - Water Regs, I think. The pipe is 22mm.

Now the check valves that I have are quite restricted in diameter inside, looks about 12mm. Is this right? Seems to me that this will restrict the flow something rotten. How can I calculate flow rates for pipes of different bores, and what corrections are needed for short restrictions like this?

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Doesn't the rising main already have a check valve? AFAIK the regs only worry about back siphonage into the mains.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Can you not fit full flow check valves?

Reply to
Invisible Man

Can you suggest where I can find them?

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Yes, but I am worried about cross feed between the hot and cold, and siphoning from the bath.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Um, but if both your H&C are mains pressure how is that going to happen? I'd check the regs. I suspect you don't need one.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

You won't need them, if it's this one you're using, Gerber113 Geberit bath filler it needs to be tank fed

Reply to
polly filler

I think I need an expansion on "Geberit bath filler, which fills through the 'andle for the waste." Link?

Most "mixer" taps actually keep the H & C seperate right to the end of the spout but with a name like "Geberit" this may be an European device and they do things "differently"...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Nothing in the installation instructions about that, and it was sold to me as suitable for a fully mains fed system. Can you elucidate, or point to a definitive source? You have me worried that I've been sold something unsuitable.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

ukbathrooms.com sell them, to comply with regs need to be tank fed

polly filler

I'll check with my supplier. But thanks for the 'heads up' on this, if it turns out to need a tank, they can have it back.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Checked with Geberit UK, and they say there is no problem.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Thats not what it says on their blurb, good look with it anyway

Reply to
polly filler