Pipe Paint

In the bathroom we have pipes along the walls - for the shower and for the tilet - we have just painted the bathroom walls with some paint designed for bathroom walls - is it ok to paint the pipes with the same paint? they dont get seriously hot (not like radiators AFAIK!)

Thanks.

Reply to
mo

I know it's not what you asked but...

I've just got some 'pipesnaps' from B+Q for our bog pipes (as opposed to bagpipes)

3m for a few quid, cut to length and pre-slit to 'snap' over unsightly or unpaintable pipework.

Only available in white, AFAIK.

Just a thought....

Reply to
The Void

'Stainless' also available at Homebase. Both are only suitable for straight runs because they don'twon't go round corners.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I used "B+Q kitchen & bathroom colours everywhere" on the (cold) pipes - it took 3 coats though as the first didn't go on evenly. Seems good a year on. The paint did say suitable for radiators (as well as walls, woodwork, metal etc).

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Yes, but you may get better results priming the metal first. Also, you'll find acrylic eggshell is better than vinyl emulsions. Kitchen and bathroom paint might be acrylic.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

you can use household gloss, but enamels are much better lasting. Car spray paints etc, theyre specifically designed for long life on metal.

Pipe painting is a much missed opportunity. They can make a nice feature with a little inspiration.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Provided you don't paint over the isolation valves, though!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle