Pipe Casing

Been looking at PVCu 'skirting' to hide pipes & found this site;

like good stuff, but expensive. The smallest size 110mm is around £1 a metre, internal corner over £5, external corner over £7. Plus its only available in 1250mm lengths, which would involve joiners at nearly £2 each.

Anyone know of a cheaper source?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Have a look at

there's a few different sizes / styles / finishes.

Regards,

KK

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

to the wall flush with the top of the skirting and the other at some distance below to create a void for the piping. You could even put a chamfer or moulded edge on the top batten.

-- Nige Danton

Reply to
Nige Danton

site;

Hmmm, seems to me that the convenience of the ducted sytem is worth the extra, particularly when you bundle in the time.

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

It might be a little quicker to fix, but timber would look far nicer in my opinion. I've never used the proprietary systems but I wonder how much faster they would be to fix compared to long lengths of timber skirting and battens.

-- Nige Danton

Reply to
Nige Danton