Pipe Bender Idiot Question

I have just had a 15/22mm pipe bender delivered. The usual two lever, circular former, two straight channeled, slider type.

I can see how most of it works but cannot understand the function of two short lengths of tube, like the pipe I will be bending. These pipes are the length of the straight metal block formers and fit inside the channels on them.

After you have stopped laughing, could someone tell me what they are for. :))

Reply to
EricP

bending near the end ?

Ooh! What a great idea! Does anyone sell such items? I presume they'd have to be precisely made to work well.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Wonder if this would work - or whether it would simply damage the tube at the end? It's a pretty fine line between the 'hook' denting the tube while holding it when bending.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)