Pinging RADEN... Problem with

Geoff,

I have a Wickes Combi 2000 (a re-badged Halstead Quattro)- the boiler goes through the normal ignition sequence when there is a call for heat (either DHW or CH) but whilst the burner ignites, the flame never goes to maximum.

The DHW and CH thermistors appear to be operating normally.

There is no output from the driver board (a Honeywell 4115B 1168, Halstead part 500563)to the Modureg. The solenoid is not open circuit and the burner ignites fully when the spindle on the Modureg is pushed in by hand.

The manufacturers fault finding charts suggest that the driver board is replaced.

I have removed the board - there are no obvious blown components, cracked or shorted tracks. I think it possible that it might have got splashed with water but there is no evidence of this.

Do you think that replacing the board will likely solve the problem?

If so, do you have a spare board in stock?

If you have, can I drop in to the unit and swap the board for a recon tomorrow? (Any chance of a guided tour if you aren't too busy?)

If I don't get a reply tonight, I'll try calling you tomorrow.

Many thanks, Adrian Berry

Reply to
Adrian Berry