PING Stephen Campbell

Do you ever get that piggin wheel off?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You *really* need to update your newsfeed more Dave.

Quote Thanks everyone for the hints and tips. I slackened the wheel nuts off and drove round my housing estate for a few minutes, hitting every pot hole on the way but still the wheel refused to budge. In the end I squirted some super glue into the hole and loads on top of it. Left it to cure for a couple of hours and then blew the tyre back up. Left it over night and no air escaped at all. So managed to drive the 10 miles or so to the nearest tyre place this morning, again with no air escaping.

Job done. Great stuff that super glue ;o)

Steven.

If I knew what a newsfeed was I might do. I hit 'synchroize account' every time.

That reply never appeared.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's odd, Although I'm using a different ISP (PlusNet) from you (Virgin Media / Blueyonder) they both use the same newsfeed (Giganews) and I can see the reply here.

We're using different newsreaders, I'm using Knode and you're using Outlook Express.

Either the message got lost somewhere as it passed through your ISP from Giganews or there's something wrong with Outlook Express.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

I think TMH is using text.news.virginmedia.com which is an internal VM server (the same I am posting/reading from). The original message is on the VM text server:- Message-ID:

Reply to
Geo

VM use Highwinds for NNTP, IBM for support and Gothem primary school for billing.

-
Reply to
Mark

Not disputing any of that - BUT - Highwinds is the binary (and text) server and the server TMH and myself use (see our headers) is the internal Virginmeja (ex-Blueyonder) text-only server.

Reply to
Geo

Ok i thought the All the NNTP servers had also been outsourced, so at least somebody must still be directly employed by VM. :(

Reply to
Mark

I think there must still be a guy in marketing who dreams up some silly email now and again. The others turned the lights out some time ago...

Reply to
Geo