Ping John Rumm

A while ago, I said that I would post about a simple way to grind a twist drill. Unfortunately I have had a period of ill health and a reinstall of windoze. Hence I have lost the address of the site where you said I could up load my rantings on the subject.

Can you let me know what the site was please?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Aren't they both :-(

Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Sorry, the link wrapped, as I got it and it will not copy and paste into my browser. Perhaps it is because I have such a new system running. I just don't know.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Didn't work

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Were they related at all? ;-) Glad to hear you're better....

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Dave writes

google groups ?

I'm in danger of losing my numpty google status here ...

Reply to
geoff

So just type "google groups" into google

type something like "uk.d-i-y grind a twist drill" into the google groups search bar

... find the link

Reply to
geoff

Then try "uk.d-i-y+sharpening+twist+drills"

as in the link I posted

or something like that

works for me ...

Reply to
geoff

In article , geoff writes

For Geoff:

is good for those pesky wrapping links, easy to remember if you're on the move and doesn't refuse to work if the recipient has auto-redirect turned off, just paste the long link into the open box. It also has the preview option which lets the recipient see the long link before continuing to the destination site.

For Dave:

Here's Geoff's original link, it did reconstruct after a careful cut, paste & edit:

fred

Glad to hear you are better....

Shame about windows....

type a suitable title for your article into the search box. Say "Drill sharpening", and click GO. It will probably tell you there is no page with that name, and give you a link "create this page". Click on that and away you go.

It makes life a little easier if you create an account first (that way we can see who edited what by name rather than IP address), but it is not essential for most articles (some of the heavily spammed ones are limited to editing by account holders only).

If you want to have a go at adding layout and titles etc then feel free. It is pretty straightforward, you can get a feel for how it works by calling up an existing article, say:

hitting edit to see its source. (Just close the page rather than saving it once you are done looking).

Use the "upload file" link on the left of the page if you want to add pictures to your article.

Reply to
John Rumm

Many thanks for that John. And many thanks for others for trying to get my numpty brain around this problem.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Looking forward to a new article... let rip!

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , fred writes

yes, I know, I was just being lazy